Mersin is a city with great prospects
The city is large and heterogeneous, with cozy suburbs in the mountainous areas and dense buildings in the central districts. It has a very picturesque nature, many citrus orchards, olive groves, ancient fortresses, lakes.
In recent years, Mersin, a city on the Mediterranean Sea in southeastern Turkey, has become a center of attraction for foreign investors. Mersin is gradually turning from a port city into a tourist city, social infrastructure is being actively developed here, hotels and residential complexes are being built. If you have long been thinking about buying a home in Turkey, take a closer look at this wonderful city, while real estate here is still affordable.
- The city is large and heterogeneous, with cozy suburbs in the mountainous areas and dense buildings in the central districts. It has a very picturesque nature, many citrus orchards, olive groves, ancient fortresses, lakes.
- Infrastructure is developed: there are two universities with campuses, a hospital with the latest equipment.
- An airport will soon open nearby, which will make transportation even more convenient. It is being built 42 km from the city and will serve up to 12 million passengers per year.
- Now those arriving in Mersin use Adana Airport, 70 kilometers from the city, and from there they take an intercity bus.
- It has an excellent climate, 300 sunny days a year, and in winter the temperature does not fall below +10 degrees Celsius. The bathing season opens as early as April and lasts until mid-November. Last but not least, seismic activity in this area is very low.
- Mersin has one of the most beautiful promenades in Turkey. Along it stretches a city park with fountains, jogging paths, playgrounds and gazebos for relaxation. In the evenings, local cafes are frequented by lovers of tasty food and those who have come to see the luxurious yachts.
- There are many new buildings with inexpensive apartments where Russian-speaking foreigners buy homes. The Russian-speaking community is mainly located in the Tezje neighborhood, near the coast with clean sandy beaches. Many people compare Tezje with Mahmutlar in Antalya.
- Life in Mersin can be different: in the business district of Akadeniz it is boiling, as in the student Yenisehir, and in Mezitli, where the Teje neighborhood is located, it is quiet and peaceful, as in any bedroom neighborhood of a big city.
- Another important reason to choose Mersin is the affordable prices for utilities and groceries. Services and goods here are generally cheaper than in Antalya or Istanbul, and local restaurants and cafes are known far beyond the city limits.
- The choice of properties in Mersin is impressive for both buying and renting. We at Well Homes Gayrimenkul are always happy to help you realize your dream of living in Turkey, please contact us!